欢迎书友访问PO18文学
首页毕业之后还要上的10堂英语课 04 享受服务

04 享受服务

    04 享受服务
    三千烦恼丝
    dialogue
    maggie looks good with her new hairstyle. her colleague jina asks for maggie to take her to the same salon for a hairdressing.
    麦琪的新发型看起来很漂亮。她的同事吉娜请求麦琪带她到同一个沙龙做头发。
    baber: welcome to our salon again,madam.
    理发师:欢迎您再次光临,女士。
    maggie: hi, this is my colleague, jina. she wants to get her hair done.
    麦琪:嗨,这是我的同事吉娜。她想到这儿做头发。
    baber: hi, jina. welcome.
    理发师:嗨,吉娜。欢迎你。
    jina: thank you. i'm ready for a new hairdo. my hair is too long. do you have some suggestions?
    吉娜:谢谢。我准备换个新发型。我的头发太长了。你有什么建议吗?
    baber: do you want to keep your hair this long or to take it shorter?
    理发师:您的头发要继续留这么长吗?还是要稍微短一点?
    jina: i'll leave it up to you. you are the expert.
    吉娜:你来决定吧。这方面你在行。
    baber: ok. i think you would look cute with short hair. that hair style fits you perfectly. your hair seems quite dry, you know. and i see some split ends. they make your hair look even frizzier.
    理发师:好的。我认为您剪短头发一定很好看,那个发型很适合你。你的头发看起来挺干的,还有分叉,这让你的头发看起来更毛燥。
    jina: yeah, but i don't know what to do about it.
    吉娜:是的,但是我也不知道怎么办才好。
    baber: well, there are two things you can do. first, don't blow-dry your hair for so long after you shower. let it dry naturally. second,buy a good conditioner and use it regularly.
    理发师:你可以用两种方法:第一,洗头后头发不要吹太久,让它自然干。第二,经常使用一些好的润发乳。
    jina: do you sell conditioner here?
    吉娜:你们这儿卖润发乳吗?
    baber: sure. i can suggest one for you.
    理发师:当然有。我可以向你介绍一种。
    jina: great. i would be happy to try it. thank you.
    吉娜:太好了,我很乐意试试。谢谢你。
    notes
    1. salon [s?'l?n] n. 美容院,沙龙;美术展览馆;客厅
    2. hairdo ['h??du:] n. 发型(尤指女子)
    3. split end 头发裂开的末端
    4. frizzy ['frizi] adj. 卷曲的
    5. blow-dry ['bl?u?drai] v. 吹干,用吹风机吹干
    6. conditioner [k?n'di??n?] n. 调节器,调节装置;护发素
    小贴士
    如果符合这9条你就需要换发型了:
    1. your hair has no volume.
    头发没有形状。
    2. your high school friend who hasn't met you for a long time said that “you haven't changed a bit!”
    好久没见的的高中同学看到你说“你真是一点也没变啊!”
    3. your highlights are more conspicuous than your base color.
    头发染色过深。
    4. you're not receiving compliments on your hair anymore.
    很少再有人赞美你的发型。
    5. your hair and skin tone match.
    头发颜色和皮肤颜色很接近。
    6. your clothes have evolved, but your hairstyle hasn't.
    变换了自己的着装风格,但是发型没变。
    7. your hair is significant in length.
    头发特别长。
    8. you pull your hair into a ponytail all the time.
    总是扎着马尾。
    9. your stylist could cut your hair with her eyes closed.
    总是剪一样的发型。
    洗浴中心烦恼抛
    dialogue
    tony and bart are good friends. they meet in a street.
    托尼和巴特是好朋友。他们在街上碰见了。
    tony: hi, buddy. i heard that you got a new well-paid job. how is your new job?
    托尼:嗨,哥们儿。我听说你找到了一份待遇很好的新工作。新工作还好吧?
    bart: don't mention it!
    巴特:别提了。
    tony: what's up?
    托尼:怎么了?
    bart: there is fierce internal competition in our company. if i don't work hard, i would be abandoned soon. on these days i am under heavy stress. i can hardly stand it!
    巴特:在我们公司内部竞争很激烈。如果我不努力工作,就要被淘汰。这些天我压力很大,简直无法承受了。
    tony: you should have a break.
    托尼:你应该休息,放松一下。
    bart: you are right. thanks!
    巴特:是的,谢谢!
    tony: i'm going to bath center to chill out. would you like to come along?
    托尼:我打算去洗浴中心放松一下,你要一起去吗?
    bart: why not? let's go. i'd like to have a steam bath.
    巴特:为什么不呢?我们走吧。我想洗个蒸气浴。
    tony: a steam bath sounds like a great idea. it is indeed very relaxing. i want to have a foot massage. maybe we should try a thai massage too.
    托尼:好主意。洗蒸汽浴确实能让人放松。我想做个足部按摩,或许我们还应该试一试泰式按摩。
    bart: what's special about the thai massage?
    巴特:泰式按摩有什么特别之处吗?
    tony: the special is that the masseuse walks on your back and massages you with her feet.
    托尼:它特别之处在于女按摩师踩在你的背上,用脚给你按摩。
    bart: sounds nothing special.
    巴特:听起来没什么特别的呀。
    notes
    1. fierc [fi?s] adj.强烈的,凶猛的
    2. abandon [?'b?nd?n] v. 放弃,抛弃;放纵;n. 放纵
    3. bath center 洗浴中心
    4. chill out 放松;缓和情绪,冷静下来
    5. massage ['m?sɑ:?] n. 按摩;v. 按摩,用……揉擦;美化(事实)
    小贴士
    洗浴的多种方式:
    air bath 空气浴
    medicated bath 药水浴
    cold bath 冷水浴
    milk bath 牛奶浴
    tepid bath 温水浴
    brine bath 盐水浴
    hot bath 热水浴
    open air bath 露天浴
    full bath 周身浴
    hip bath 坐浴
    oil bath 油浴
    solar / sun bath 日光浴
    mud bath 泥浴
    steam / vapor bath 蒸汽浴
    shower bath 淋浴
    sand bath 沙浴
    spa bathing 矿泉浴
    acid bath 酸浴
    succession bath 冷热交替浴
    hot-spring bath 温泉浴
    skinny-dipping 裸体游泳
    turkish hath 土耳其浴,蒸汽浴(沐浴者通过几个温度逐渐升高的蒸汽室进行擦拭、按摩,然后再进行冷水淋浴。)
    sauna 桑拿浴(也叫芬兰式蒸汽浴,是一种在将水浇到加热过的石块上产生的蒸汽中的沐浴。)
    忙里偷闲去按摩
    dialogue
    jane's colleague sarah is suffering from the shoulder periarthritis. jane puts forward a suggestion that sarah may try the shoulder massage.
    简的同事莎拉得了肩周炎。简提议莎拉可以试试肩部按摩。
    sarah: oh, i've got a pain in my shoulders.
    莎拉:噢,肩膀好疼啊。
    jane: you'd better have a break. sitting most of the day at a computer is not good for your health.
    简:你最好歇一歇。在电脑前久坐对身体不好。
    sarah: i saw my doctor last week, and she said that i was suffering from the shoulder periarthritis.
    莎拉:我上个星期去看医生了,她说我得了肩周炎。
    jane: oh, sorry to hear that. i think not only you but also all of the office workers should pay more attention to the health.
    简:哦,很抱歉听到这个。我想不止是你,所有的上班族都应该注意健康。
    sarah: yes, i have aches in my shoulders and feel dizzy and sick after a busy day.
    莎拉:是啊,一天紧张的工作下来我的肩膀酸痛,头也晕,还恶心。
    jane: me too. i've heard that the massage can relieve pain of the affected muscles, and improve blood circulation.
    简:我也是。我听说按摩可以减轻受损部位肌肉疼痛,改善血液循环。
    sarah: does it work?
    莎拉:按摩有用吗?
    jane: yes, of course. i had a massage last saturday. it's quite comfortable. a masseuse said that we should maintain a comfortable sitting position. and when reading and writing we should avoid long time sitting in one position.
    简:当然有用。我上周六做了个按摩,很舒服。按摩师说我们要有个舒适的坐姿,读写的时候不能长时间保持不动。
    sarah: that's right. i am anxious to try the massage, but i don't have enough time. i feel weary after work and can hardly move a little.
    莎拉:对啊。我很想试试按摩,但是我没有时间啊。下班后我累极了,一点也不能动了。
    jane: we can try and find time to do it.
    简:我们可以挤时间去啊。
    notes
    1. periarthritis [periɑ:'θraitis] n. 关节周炎
    2. dizzy ['dizi] adj. 晕眩的;(速度)极快的;困惑的;v. 使晕眩,使困惑
    3. circulation [?s?:kju'lei??n] n. 流通,循环;发行量;消息传播
    4. masseuse [m?'s?:z] n. 女按摩师
    5. weary ['wi?ri] adj. 疲倦的;厌烦的;v. 疲倦;厌烦,生厌
    小贴士
    how to do hand massage by yourself?
    in order to stimulate hand blood circulation, rub your palm over the back of the hand and then repeat with the other hand. this movement is quite similar to wash your hands and it does not only stimulate blood circulation, it also warms the hands. besides, before you go to bed, lavish vaseline on the hands and then put on a pair of cotton gloves. your hands will be incredibly soft and delicate by morning.
    怎么自己做手部按摩?
    用手掌来回互相摩擦另一只手的手背,这样可以促进血液循环。这个动作和洗手很相像,它不仅能促进血液循环,还能温暖你的双手。而且,在睡觉之前,在手上涂上厚厚的凡士林,然后戴上棉手套。早上起来,你就会发现双手变得非常柔软和娇嫩。
    将美容进行到底
    dialogue
    it's friday today. the work of this week has finally been done. julie and maggie are putting things in order before leaving the offic.
    今天是星期五。一周的工作终于结束了。在离开办公室前朱莉和麦琪正在收拾东西。
    julie: the weekend is finally coming. i'm going to the beauty parlor. do you want to come together, maggie?
    朱莉:终于等到周末了。我想要去美容院,要一起去吗,麦琪?
    maggie: of course. let's go.
    麦琪:当然。我们走吧。
    (in a beauty parlor)
    (在一家美容院)
    beautician: good evening, ladies. what can i do for you?
    美容师:晚上好,女士们。请问有什么可以为你们效劳的?
    julie: good evening. i'd like a facial. this is my membership card.
    朱莉:晚上好。我想做个脸部美容。这是我的会员卡。
    beautician: what would you like it?
    美容师:您需要怎样的呢?
    julie: have a mud pack on my face and a facial massage first. trim my eyebrows and curl my eyelashes.
    朱莉:先来个泥敷面膜和面部按摩。把眉毛修一下,把睫毛烫卷曲。
    beautician: i will. do you want a make-up?
    美容师:好的。您需要化妆吗?
    julie: i don't think so. i just want to help with my complexion.
    朱莉:我想不用了。我只想改善面部皮肤。
    beautician: ok! how about a manicure? we also provide manicure service.
    美容师:好的。要不要修指甲呢?我们也提供修指甲服务。
    julie: do it, please, and use a transparent nail varnish.
    朱莉:好吧,请用透明指甲油擦一下。
    beautician: i will.
    美容师:好的。
    notes
    1. beauty parlor 美容院
    2. facial ['fei??l] adj. 脸部的,面部的;n. 美容
    3. membership card 会员卡
    4. mud pack 脸部泥浴
    5. eyelash ['ail??] n. 睫毛
    6. curler ['k?:l?] n. 卷发夹;卷发的人
    7. complexion [k?m'plek??n] n. 肤色,面色;体质;特性;
    8. manicure ['m?ni?kju?] n. 修指甲;修指甲的人;v. 修指甲;修剪
    9. transparent [tr?ns'per?nt] adj. 透明的;明显的,清晰的
    10. varnish ['vɑ:ni?] n. 油漆;掩饰;光泽面;指甲油;v. 粉饰,涂油漆于;使光亮
    小贴士
    警惕!避开美容的8大误区:
    1. for best results you should stick to one product line.
    为了达到最佳效果,你应坚持使用同一系列的产品。
    2. everyone needs moisturizer.
    人人都需要润肤霜。
    3. expensive products are better because the ingredients are better.
    贵的产品更好,因为成分更好。
    4. frequent trimmings can make hair grow faster.
    经常修剪头发会使其长得更快。
    5. shaving makes hair grow back darker and thicker.
    刮除毛发会令其长得更黑更稠密。
    6. you can get rid of cellulite.
    你可以摆脱脂肪团。
    7. it can be too late to start slapping on sunscreen.
    想要开始涂防晒霜时可能为时已晚。
    8. soap is bad for your skin.
    香皂对皮肤有害。


同类推荐: 赌 (校园,1V1)同居(1v1)h天生尤物【快穿】高H与狐说 (1v1 h)汹妄(1V1)爱欲之潮NP重组家庭(父女/母子)讨厌死哥哥了(骨科h)